“Disinsection” means the procedure whereby health measures are taken to control or kill the insect vectors of human diseases present in baggage, cargo, containers, conveyances, goods and postal parcels.
Disinsection is mandated by the IHR. The WHO recommends d-phenothrin (2%) for space spraying and permethrin (2%) for residual disinsection. Neither is harmful when used as recommended, according to WHO. Disinsection is one of two applications of the IHR likely to be encountered by travelers; yellow fever vaccination is the other.
K-Othrine WG250 Disinsectat INSECTICIDE flies, mosquitoes, fleas, lice, bugs, mites, cockroaches, scissors, book lice, ants
K-Othrine WG is a pyrethroid insecticide intended for residual application to surfaces where disease vectors such as mosquitoes and sandflies rest. WHO-PQ listed
- a higlhy concentrated formulation of the synthetic pyrethroid deltamethrin.
- Available in unit-dose packaging (including water soluble and tear-and-pour options)
- High quality, no-dust, water-dispersible granule formulation.
- Odourless and non-staining.
- successfully used for IRS for malaria control across Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle-East, Asia and Latin america.
- WHOPES evaluated and recommended product for use as an indoor residual spray.
- WHOPES evaluated and specified active ingredient.
- Broad spectrum of activity.
- Provides excellent residual activity combined with recognised high level of safety in use.
- Low volume packaging reducec bulkiness for shipment purposes (a clear logistical advantage over bulkier liquid formulations), unit
- dose means no measuring is required- simply place sachet in spray tank or pour contents into water within a sprayer.
- Adds to high level of operator safety and provides reliable dispersion within the spray tank, fewer negative reactions from residents can be expected (no unpleasant odour or stains in houses)
- Established performance and reliability in the control of vector-borne disease.
- Independent assessment provides reassurance of effectiveness and safety in use.
- Independent assessment of quality of active ingredient source.
- Provides control of mosquitoes, sandflies, houseflies, cockroaches, fleas and various other pests.